$1.4 million summer road paving project approved for Brookhaven streets
Brookhaven City Council awarded a $1.4 million bid at its June 21 meeting to H.E.H. Paving for the city’s 2016 street resurfacing project.
The majority of the funding — $1.32 million – will come from the city’s Homestead Option Sales Tax, of HOST, funds.
All work is expected to be completed within 120 days except for work on Clairmont Place, which must be completed before Aug. 1 before school starts back up after summer vacation.
Paving, patching and striping will take place on these roads:
- Briarwood Road from North Druid Hills road to Buford Highway. This will also include the installation of bike lanes and sharrows.
- Clairmont Place from the east to west end; must be completed before Aug. 1 due to school restarting.
- Somervale Court from Clairmont Way to end
- Clairmont Court from Clairmont Way to end
- Corporate Boulevard from Northeast Expressway to Buford Highway, also includes the installation of bike lanes and sharrows.
- Ashwoody Court from Ashwoody Trail to Candler Lake West
- Oak Forest Drive from Ashwoody Trail to Ashford-Dunwoody Road
- Oak Forest Way from Ashwoody Trail to Ashford-Dunwoody Road
- Ashwoody Trail from Oak Forest Drive to end
- Coosawaatee Drive from Cartacay Drive to Briarwood Road, including the removal and replacement of speed humps.
- Georgia Drive East from Bragg Street to Clarmont Road
- Milowyn Place/Alta Vista Drive from Thompson Road to Grant Drive
- Oakland Trace from Osborne Road to end
- Pelly Circle from Osborne Road to Osborne Road
- Capital Club Circle from Osborne Road to end
- Raines Court from Parkcrest Lane to end
- Parkcrest Drive from West Nancy Creek Drive to Ashford-Dunwoody Road
Examples of raised pavement markings.
Roads that will receive pavement marking only:
- North Druid Hills road from East Roxboro to Peachtree Road – refresh and modifications to striping and installation of raised pavement markers
- West Nancy Creek Drive from Old Johnson Ferry to Ashford-Dunwoody Road – install edge line pavement markings
- Ashford-Dunwoody Road at Johnson Ferry Road – install a “Do Not Block the Box” pavement marking and raised pavement markers