Hemy Neuman was found guilty but mentally ill on Thursday, March 15 in the 2010 murder of Rusty Sneiderman.

DeKalb County Superior Court Judge Gregory Adams sentenced Neuman to life without the possibility of parole, calling Sneiderman’s death “a planned execution.”

The verdict means that he’ll be teated for mental illness and then serve the rest of his sentence in prison. Neuman’s defense team argued he has a bipolar disorder and delusions that prompted him to kill Sneiderman.

Before the judge handed down the sentence, Neuman apologized to the Sneidermans and to his own family.

“I am so, so, so, so sorry,” Neuman said, crying during his comments. “I can’t say it enough and I am sorry from the deepest part of me.”

Neuman pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, which means he admits to the murder but claims he did not have the mental capacity to tell the difference between right and wrong at the time.

In a press conference following the sentencing, Neuman’s attorneys said they were disappointed with the verdict and plan to appeal it.

As they did during closing arguments, attorneys mentioned that they believe the victim’s widow may have been involved in the murder. DeKalb County District Attorney Robert James said he is investigating facts and evidence surrounding Andrea Sneiderman. She has not been charged in her husband’s death.

“When we know something, you will know something,” James said.

Rusty Sneiderman’s brother, Steve Sneiderman, said his family has long suspected Andrea Sneiderman had something to do with his brother’s death.

“For now, it is clear to me that Andrea is covered in Rusty’s blood,” Steve Sneiderman said.

During the trial, both the defense and the prosecution focused on the relationship between Neuman and Andrea Sneiderman. They claim the two were involved in a romantic relationship, though Andrea Sneiderman has denied that there was an affair.

In Nov. 2010, Rusty Sneiderman was shot to death in front of a Dunwoody day care center where he had just dropped off his son. Neuman, who supervised Andrea Sneiderman at GE Energy, later was arrested for the slaying.