Atlanta Public Schools have already announced they will be closed on Friday, Jan. 31.
The process of removing more than 2,000 cars abandoned along the interstates continues with the help of the National Guard, State Patrol and GDOT. See details on picking up your car at this link.
The national media is hammering Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed and Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal and their response to the storm. Reed went on a number of morning shows, including Today, to continue to defend the city’s actions. Rebecca Burns’ essay “The Day We Lost Atlanta: How 2 lousy inches of snow paralyzed a metro area of 6 million” has gone viral on social media.
MARTA has opened more bus routes as roads begin to clear of ice and snow. As of 11 a.m., the following routes are operating:
· 3-Martin Luther King Jr./Auburn Ave.
· 5-Piedmont Road/Sandy Springs
· 15-South DeKalb/Candler Road
· 19-Clairmont Road [NOTE: Buses are currently unable to service the loop at the VA Hospital on Clairmont Road due to ice. All buses are continuing northbound on Clairmont Road.] · 21-Memorial Drive
· 37-DeFoors Ferry Road/Atlantic Station
· 39-Buford Highway
· 50-Donald L. Hollowel Pkwy.
· 51-Joseph E. Boone Blvd.
· 71-Cascade Road [NOTE: Buses are turning back at Kimberly Mill Road due to icy conditions.] · 73-Fulton Industrial
· 78-Cleveland Avenue
· 83-Cambpellton Road/Greenbriar
· 85-Roswell/Mansell Rd.
· 87-Roswell Road/Morgan Falls
· 95-Metropolitan Pkwy./Hapeville
· 99-Boulevard/Monroe Drive
· 107-Glenwood Rd.
· 110-Peachtree St. “The Peach”
· 111-Snapfinger Woods Drive/Stonecrest
· 114-Columbia Dr.
· 120-E. Ponce de Leon Ave./Tucker
· 121-Stone Mountain/Memorial Drive
· 123-North DeKalb Mall/Belvedere
· 140-North Point/Mansell P/R
· 153-H.E. Holmes Drive/Browntown
· 155-Windsor St/Lakewood Ave
· 185-Alpharetta/Holcomb Bridge Rd.
· 189-Old National Hwy./Union Station
Route 4, Thomasville/Moreland Ave, is out of service.